Best Kept Secret for Small Business
Have you ever heard this? “I would love to get into getting a government contract, but I just can’t seem to find the right person to talk to or figure out how to do it”.
Well there is a process for doing business with the government and there is help and assistance there to get you where you need to be and low and behold it’s at no cost to any business wanting to use the service (more on that later).
So what is this that will help me and not cost me an arm and a leg? It’s called the Florida Procurement Technical Assistance Center, created in the 80’s to help keep the industrial base in American safe, this program has assistance literally thousands of companies nationwide to enter, expand and learn how to successfully do business with the government. In 2016 alone, PTACs served over 41,350 clients nationwide and helped them win over $16.5 billion in government contracts and subcontracts. That’s a return on investment (ROI) of $471 for every $1 in federal spending! Last year in our area the PTAC brought in more then $75 million in contract awards.
- Funded through Cooperative agreements between the US Department of Defense (DoD) and the State of Florida and the University of West Florida.
- Located near you – Your PTAC covers from the Route 98 Corridor and has offices in Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola, Navarre, Milton, Destin and Panama City. .
- Workshops and Seminars to teach you what you need to know and connect you with other small businesses.
- One-on-One Counseling tailored to the specific needs of your business – always free of charge!
- Matchmaking Events that connect you with agency buyers who need your product.
So, let’s say your dream is to get that federal government contract but you have no idea where to start, do I need to get a General Services Administration Schedule? What is a CAGE code? What is the FAR? Your local PTAC can help you find all the answers to these and a lot more questions. Did you know that there are specific steps you can take to be successful, we are going to be talking about those and more in more detail in these articles, in addition, we offer a variety of workshops and events you can attend that will help you network and find “the right person” you need to connect too.
Just who is the person that will make my day?
Call for an appointment directly at 815-229-7500.