First things first, figure out what forms you will need, go here to get the forms that are required for your business type. Required Documents for VIP ApplicationBusiness Type: Sole ProprietorshipThe documents are required in order for the Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE) to begin processing your application. If you are party to a Joint Venture or Mentor Protégé, you will be required to submit supporting documentation. Get your forms here!
REQUEST PERTAINING TO MILITARY RECORDS
VA Form VA-0877
START VERIFICATION HERE
1. How to Obtain Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to Request Military Service Records
There are several ways to obtain an SF-180. You can:
* Download and print a copy of the SF-180 in PDF format.
* You need access to a printer and the Adobe Acrobat Reader software (see link below). The form is a total of 3 pages.
* The SF-180 is formatted for letter size paper (8.5" x 11"). If your printer cannot accommodate this, select "shrink to fit" when the Adobe Acrobat Reader "Print" dialog box appears.
* This is also a fillable version of the SF-180. It will allow you to type the needed information into the form using your keyboard. You will still need to print, sign and mail the form. Otherwise, it works the same as stated above.
* Please Note: While Section II, Paragraph 1 of the Standard Form 180 outlines multiple types of records that may be available to the requester, the DD Form 214 is the most common document necessary to obtain most veteran's benefits. The typical DD Form 214 request can be processed within ten work days while requests for other types of records will require longer processing time. If a complete copy of the military service record is desired, please check the "Other" box and specify "Complete Copy" in the provided space.
Where to Return the Form:
* Review the tables on page 3 of SF-180 to identify the correct location of the record you need (based on branch of service, dates of separation, and type of record)
* send the completed form to the address identified on the table
* Contact Us to order the form through the mail
National Personnel Records Center
* 1 Archives Drive
* St. Louis, Missouri 63138
/Users/johndig/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/AAA_wingov_2020a/Blue Monday_2020_2a/Small Business Preference FAR Parts 19 & 26.png